Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DIY Stickers

I like owls. I like stickers. And recently I have been searching online for owl stickers.  I quickly realized that one puny little sticker would cost about $4.00. So, I decided to make my own. They turned out so well, that I am going to share my method with the world!

First, you will need to obtain a sheet of Avery 2x4" label paper. You can probably get a single sheet for free from someone you know, or by asking very nicely at the print center (i.e. Staples). Then find 10 images you would like to turn into stickers, and paste them into a Word document. I had to adjust the margins to 0.45 for the top and bottom, and 0.25 for the left and right sides. Next, go to "Table" -> "Insert" -> Table" and adjust the table to 2 columns and 5 rows.  Assuming everything looks good at this point, go ahead and print. I wanted to prevent the stickers from fading and aging, so after I printed the stickers, I took a roll of clear shipping tape and covered 1 stickers at a time, applying the tape to where it just covered the image.

Final Product:

No comments:

Post a Comment